21 Jan Whole30 Diary: Day 20
Whole30 Day 20
A new day and a fresh start! I made an effort to count calories and to stay under 1300, plus calories burned from exercise. That will vary from day to day, depending on whether I reach my 10,000 step goal.
- Breakfast–2 eggs and potatoes from last night, fried in clarified butter.
- Lunch–Butternut squash soup; rotisserie chicken, homemade apple sauce. The soup was delicious! See the recipe below.
- Snack–carrots, strawberries, homemade applesauce.
- Dinner–baked chicken, with fennel, carrots, and onions; heirloom tomatoes and cucumbers with Whole30 ranch dressing; 3 dates.
- Did not meet my goal of 10,000 steps–burned 129 calories from exercise.
Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
Cube Butternut squash and cook over the stove in chicken broth. (Trader Joe’s has it already cut up in a bag–so convenient!)
Cool and place in a blender, with more chicken broth (1/2 to 1 cup). Add several tablespoons of coconut cream (optional). Blend.
Serve hot, sprinkled with dried sage. (About 100 calories a serving)
For more information on the program, see Whole30 Day 1.