06 Jan Whole30 Diary: Day 5
- Breakfast–Half of a Frittata, made with 6 eggs, onion, baby spinach, and tomato sautéed in clarified butter (Saved the other half for tomorrow’s breakfast); Clementine.
- Lunch--Chicken from last night; chopped raw veggies with vinaigrette dressing
- Snack–Went a little nuts when I found Lara bars, which are compliant with Whole30, at Target. I bought several boxes and ate one on the spot. Then I found the most sumptuous looking dates at Costco and had to sample sever of those. I’ll have to be careful not to overdo on those foods, but they really are nice to have around for a little variety and sweetness. The Larabars will also be good to have as a traveling snack.
- Dinner–Organic chicken sausages; oven-grilled veggies–sweet potato, red onion, mushrooms; more dates–yum!
- Got in my 10,000 steps on fitbit
- I’m still satisfied with the food and feel as if I may have shed a few pounds; however, the Whole30 rule is to weigh only on day one and day 30, so I can’t be sure.